Ricotta Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teapoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups fresh whole milk ricotta (You can [url href=”http://keestothekitchen.com/rich-homemade-ricotta-and-ortygia-sicily/” target=”_blank”]make your own[/url].)
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or generous 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup good dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside. With your mixer, cream together the butter, ricotta, and sugar on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Beat eggs in one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Add vanilla paste or extract and mix. Add the dry ingredients and beat just until blended. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing down with a spatula. Bake for 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 325 degrees and turn pan in oven to ensure even browning. Bake about 25 minutes longer, until toothpick or knife inserted into center comes out clean. (Note: Baking time may vary, depending on moisture content of the ricotta.)
- Cool completely, then dust with confectioners sugar.