Why, why, why buy bottled salsa when you can make it fresh so easily? We love this classic salsa verde recipe which explodes with the taste of fresh tomatillos, cilantro and garlic. For a twist, try John’s Salsa Verde which is similar but includes avocado.
- 2 pounds tomatillos
- 2 cups cilantro, lower stems removed
- ½ large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 serrano or jalepeño peppers
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- Put all ingredients in blender. Add a couple of tablespoons water and blend until smooth.