It’s almost July and peaches rule the fresh produce aisle. This recipe offers the summery, sweet flavors of peach cobbler -cinnamon, sugar and pecans- without the hassle of baking and making pastry dough. In fact, it’s so easy, it hardly deserves a recipe.
- 10 peaches, halved and pitted (Peaches should be ripe, but not mushy)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Fire up the grill to medium high. (Best if wood chips not added.)
- Brush the peaches with oil or butter and place, skin side up on grill.
- After 5 minutes, turn over. Add a generous teaspoon of brown sugar and a heavy sprinkle of cinnamon into the hollow of each peach half. Cook about 5 minutes longer until soft.
- Remove from grill. Place two peach halves on a plate and top with a scoop of ice cream and chopped nuts.