It’s apricot season! That means our love affair with with the fruit comes Stateside. Here’s a version with only the simplest ingredients, basically fresh apricots, sugar and a homemade crust. Aren’t those recipes always the best?
We used the smaller Black Apricots which not only are beautiful, but have an intense flavor. To offset the slight tartness of the fruit, we dusted the pie with powdered sugar. A big scoop of Bluebell Homemade Vanilla would have been even better.
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 4 1/3 cups sliced apricots, unpeeled
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- <a href=”http://keestothekitchen.com/julia-childs-pie-crust-pate-brisee-sucree/”>Pastry dough for two-crust pie.</a><br data-mce-bogus=”1″>
- Mix the ingredients together, then pour into a 9 inch rich pastry shell. Cover with the other pie crust and fold the edges under. Press the edges together with the tines of a fork dipped in egg white. Brush the remaining white over the top crust and cut several slits in the top crust to vent steam.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees and until the top crust is browned.
- Cool completely before cutting, at least 2 hours.