- It’s the weekend. Oh, it’s not? Well, it soon will be.
- Somewhere in your house, a football game is playing. And someone needs a snack.
- Boardwalk Empire starts tonight. You’ll need some comfort food.
- Fall is almost, almost here. Let’s put away the sandals and lemonade.
- Something this chocolately with homemade caramel sauce never needs a reason.
Peanut Butter Caramel Blondies
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://keestothekitchen.com/homemade-salted-caramel-sauce/” target=”_blank”]salted caramel sauce[/url], slightly warmed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8in baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from the heat, and stir in the peanut butter. Allow to cool while combining the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared dry ingredients, and stir until well combined. The batter will be thick. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer half of the batter to the prepared pan, pressing it evenly to the edges. Pour the caramel sauce over the batter and spread it to the edges of the pan with a spatula. Sprinkle the other half of the batter in little clumps on top of the caramel sauce to cover it evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top is golden and the caramel sauce is bubbling up around the edges. Allow to cool in the pan before cutting.