Inspired by the Camellia Grill. Serve it warm with a big scoop of Bluebell Homemade Vanilla on top!
New Orleans Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1 pie crust
- 4 ounces bittersweet, dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed, dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to 13-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Trim overhang to 1 inch; fold under and crimp decoratively. Set aside.
- Stir chocolate and butter in saucepan over low heat until melted. Cool slightly.
- Whisk brown sugar, eggs and salt in large bowl to blend. Whisk in corn syrup and chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle pecans over unbaked crust. Pour filling over pecans. Bake until crust is golden and filling is puffed, about 55 minutes.
- Cool until just warm before serving.
Check out the full post here.