The key to this guacamole recipe is in the avocados. Look for fruits that are firm, but not hard to the touch with a slightly dark skin.
Classic Guacamole Recipe
Author: Kees To The Kitchen
Serves: Serves 12-15
- 10 avocados (Avocados are ripe when they are firm to touch, but indent slightly when gently pressed)
- 1 cup onions
- 5 jalepeño or serrano peppers, diced
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sea salt or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seeds and scoop out the flesh. Place in a large bowl and using a fork, roughly mash the avocado.
- Place the onions and peppers in food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add the onions and peppers to the avocados and mash together until just mixed. (Guacamole should be chunky.)
- Add fresh lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- To prevent discoloration caused by contact with oxygen, cover with plastic wrap placed against surface of guacamole until ready to serve.